What are warts?
Warts are viral infections of the skin. Viral warts may appear at any age but are most commonly found in older children. Warts are spread via contact with the virus and most often appear on sites subject to trauma i.e. fingers, elbows, knees and feet.
What is Wart Off Freeze for?
Treatment for the removal of common warts from the hands and feet.
Who is Wart Off Freeze for?
For adults and children over 4 years with wart, verruca and water wart.
Why should I use Wart Off Freeze?
Wart Off Freeze provides an innovative treatment for the removal of warts both on the hands and feet. It’s special design and the unique easy-to-use application method make this device particularly suitable for home use.
1. Position the wart upwards. Place the round opening of the applicator cap directly over the wart so it encircles the wart. Ensure the edges of the applicator are in close and snug contact with the surrounding skin. 2a. For Common Warts: Size of the wart Specific treatmentSmall <3 mm and smaller Press aerosol dispenser 3 times in a rowMedium – sized 3 mm to 5 mm Press aerosol dispenser 4 times in a rowLarge > 6 mm and larger Press aerosol dispenser 5 times in a rowHold the product firmly over the wart. Press the bottom of the dispenser firmly with the thumb 3x to 5x depending on the wart size and hold the applicator in place for 10 seconds. See table. 2b .For Water Warts: Hold the applicator in place and press the dispenser firmly with the thumb 3x times and hold for 5 seconds each time before removing it from the skin.3. A 2mm white halo could appear. A small scar will appear when the site is dry, which will heal in the coming days and weeks.
AFTER THE TREATMENT • The treatment may cause blistering. When that happens, do not puncture the blister
• Do not pick at or scratch the site or wart that has been treated
• Keep the treated area dry and clean to avoid infection
• Swim, wash, bath and shower as normal
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
• The cryotherapy process may cause hypopigmentation (light patches) or hyperpigmentation (dark patches) to occur. This will disappear
• Scarring when freeze application is applied longer than directed
• Temporary discomfort such as pain or tingling
• Consult a medical professional in case of infection and/or complications
The Wart-Off Freeze is contraindicated for the following:
• When there is or has been a confirmed diagnosis of cancer and/or treatment for cancer
• For use in treatment of genital warts
• For dark or highly pigmented skin
• For birthmarks, (hairy) moles, beauty spots or any other strange looking outgrowths
• For skin that is irritated or inflamed or when eczema is present
•For use in the face
• For sensitive skin areas i.e., neck, armpits, breasts and buttocks
• For unknown skin conditions or when there is doubt that the skin condition is a wart
• When there is hypersensitivity or allergy to extreme cold (cold type urticaria)
• For diabetics and individuals with circulatory problems (Raynaud’s disease)
• For Individuals are taking immunosuppressive medicines or when there is a confirmed diagnosis for autoimmune or collagen diseases
• For use when there is HIV infection
• For Individuals on anticoagulation medication and Haemophilics
• For use on children under 4 years of age
• In combination with other wart treatments
• Extremely flammable dispenser. Pressurized dispenser. Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources
• No smoking
• For external use only
• Do not pierce or burn, even after use
• Do not spray on an open flame or other incendiary source
• Do not expose the dispenser to temperatures exceeding 50 °C
• Keep out of reach of children
• Do not inhale the spray
• Avoid contact with the eyes. Do not spray into the eyes as it can cause frostbite and blindness
• Do not repeat the treatment more than 4 times with 14-days intervals between treatments Consult a medical professional if the wart is not removed
• Product may cause frostbite, de-pigmentation or scar formation when the product is not used in accordance with these instructions for use
• Consult a medical professional, if pregnant or breastfeeding
Dosage form: Single device product, Medical Device Class IIa
Quantity: 38 mL
Ingredient: Dimethylether (DME)
For external use only. Always read the label. If symptoms persist, worsen or change unexpectedly, talk to your healthcare professional.